Thursday, May 2, 2013

What I was Thinking- The First Time I saw Gatsby


     What a strange man standing and staring out into what seemed to be nothing. I'd always wondered who owned the huge house beside me, and this finally was able to provide an answer to all the mystery. I would come to learn that Gatsby was in love with my cousin who lived across the body of water that separated us. There were many things that ran through my head just at this moment. I couldn't exactly see his face, but I saw his body which was young and thin. I felt that this appearance didn't quite match my expectations. I was a little relieved to find that he was seemingly normal looking. From the crowds of people that were always gathered at the enormous house, I wasn't sure of the type of person who could have possibly lived there. Through all these feelings, I was able to gain a first impression of this man that I would become closely acquainted with in the weeks to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment